All of our classes are online at the moment, unless they are called ‘studio’ classes.
There are just 2 ‘one off’ studio classes at the moment and if they are popular, we will schedule more.
Tuesday 13th October, 6 – 7.30pm, Level 2/3 (for more experienced students)
Tuesday 27th October, 6-7.30pm, Level 1/2 (for beginners and those with some experience).
Studio class safety measures;
Class size is limited to 15 and spaces are marked on the floor for mats, to keep us distanced.
The teacher will stay on her mat and there will be no hands on corrections.
Students need to bring their own equipment – mat, belts, bricks, blankets etc.
The studio chairs can be used as they can be cleaned after each use.
Please arrive wearing your yoga clothes and wear layers as windows or doors may be open for air circulation.
Once registered for the class, you can cancel up to 24 hours before the start but after that, non attendance will still be charged.
The studio is appropriately cleaned and aired between classes.
Please do not attend if you have Covid symptoms.
Do use hand sanitiser, wear a mask in the shared areas of the building (corridors, stairs etc.) and use the NHS Scotland “Protect and Trace” app if possible.
We are ready to welcome you back to the studio when it is possible!
However, online classes are also continuing.
To join a live broadcast class, you need an internet connection and a device with a camera – a smart phone, tablet, laptop or desktop. Make sure your device is well charged or connected to power before the class (live video uses up battery charge). We will be able to see you during the class, so individual help and direction can be given.
To book a place in a class;
- Sign in to your Yoga Now account, or create an account (top right of this page).
- Choose your class from the timetable and select ‘sign up & pay’.
- Choose how many credits to buy – you can pay by the class or buy a pass. Read more about the pricing structure here.
- The timetable will now show the option to ‘deregister’ from that class. This means you are booked in.
To join the class;
- 10 or 15 minutes before the start of the class, sign in to your account on the Yoga Now website.
- You will now see the ‘view broadcast’ link for your class. Select this.
- You will be prompted to open zoom on your device.
- You will enter the waiting room for the class and the teacher will let you in when they are ready. Check that you have arranged your camera so that the teacher can see you.
- Check that your audio and video is on. You may need to give zoom permission to access these on your device.Things to note; you may need to move your camera during the class as we move from standing to sitting or inverted poses, so that the teacher can still see you. Please experiment with how this will work – it can be hard when space is restricted but sometimes you may need to tilt your device or place it on the floor or further away.
We have found that phones and tablets can be fixed to a tin can with an elastic band to prop them up. This is surprisingly effective and adjustable.You will need some basic yoga equipment to participate in the classes. A yoga mat (or a wooden floor), a belt and a blanket are the minimum requirement. You can use any belt – (from your trousers, dressing gown, a tie, scarf etc.) and large towels can be used if you don’t have blankets.
Yoga bricks, blocks, a bolster and a chair are all useful if you have them. Large and small books can be used instead of bricks and blocks. A kitchen or dining chair can be used for many poses (not a desk chair on wheels!).
2 large towels can be folded and rolled together to make a ‘bolster’. Firm sofa cushions may work for shoulder stand. If you decide to buy some equipment, we recommend ekotexyoga.co.ukEkotex is a new, local small business. Yoga Now students can get a 10% discount – email email@example.com for the code.
We are offering 4 types of class;
short (40 minute) classes at 8am cost 1 credit.
60 – 90 minute classes cost 2 credits.
95 – 120 minute classes cost 3 credits.
One credit buys approximately 40 minutes.
Studio classes (90 mins.) cost 4 credits.
There are many options to buy credits;
Single class credits cost £4, £8, £10 or £12 for 1,2, 3 or 4 credit classes.
20 credits cost £60 (£3 per credit)
30 credits cost £80 (£2.60 per credit)
40 credits cost £100 (£2.50 per credit)
Credits can be spent at any class and last for 60 (individual) or 70 (block pass) days from the purchase date.
There is also an option to pay monthly for Unlimited credits. This is a regular monthly payment contract and at this time, is greatly appreciated for helping to keep the studio running.
If you have lost your income due to coronavirus or are experiencing financial difficulty, we would like to offer you free yoga classes. You can have some free classes and pay for some, so they are cheaper overall, or all free classes, depending on what you need. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for your free classes. Don’t let lack of money keep you from your class. Yoga is for everyone and we need it most when times are challenging.
Prices (like everything else at the moment) are subject to change if circumstances require it.